Blogs and Websites: Getting a Grip on How Blogs Work
Blogs and Websites – A Weblog or “Blog” is an online website that a person or group of people, and even a company can develop, to create new posts on the subjects they desire to communicate to potential readers. With a blog subjects appear instantly to the world, in an easy to read format, that can also be interactive with the individual reader, and larger social groups, driving traffic.
While blogs and websites may seem different, they are becoming more alike as they evolve.
The term “blog” was not coined until the late 1990s, there are precursors to blogs that go all the way back to 1983!
When blogs first emerged on to the online scene they were used mostly as a diary for individuals to express their thoughts and feelings on the subjects they were most interested in. In a short time blogging became the perfect platform for news and commentary, and now they are used for a variety of purposes.
In the current evolution of the blog many businesses have chosen blogging to facilitate social networking to promote their business because blogging is cost-effective, and can quickly reach a huge audience through social media plug-ins.
To blog correctly it requires selected keywords or phrases and consistent article writing, pictures and/or graphics, or if desired, video content built around those words or phrases. A well designed blog theme allows for your most recent article to appear above the previous article or post on the home page of the blog, and every time a post is made, a new post page is also made.
As a result, this creates blog “weight” which the search engines love, and your targeted audience viewing the blog can see the most recent posts, scroll down to view previous articles, and even search the blog site for other articles of interest.
The Content Management System of a blog is a user interface that is used by the administrator or contributor to easily post their new content to the world wide web!
And the search engines love blogs, ranking them high!
- Simply log-in securely and use the easy dashboard.
- Create a new post or page on a daily or weekly basis.
- Use article writing services to facilitate speed and regularity.
- Create new content using your key words or phrases.
- Edit that content to suit your style and market segment.
- Use SEO tricks and plug-ins to help with the search engines.
- Add graphics, images, and even video to make it user friendly.
- Easily post to your blog and to the world wide web regularly.
- Edit previous work or use as a resource for new articles of interest.
- Manage and answer comments and plug-in your social streams.
- Ping to social and ping sites increasing your traffic and interest.
- Add plug-ins like image sliders, SEO improvements, etc.
Most major blogging platforms, like this one you are now visiting, offer a variety of pre-set themes, where you, as the administrator, can select any style and design you prefer, and the blog is instantly transformed into the new design theme, and one that may be pleasing to the eye and more suitable for the readers in your market segment.
Developing a suitable blog for that market segment is important, but developing it first and foremost to suit the Mobile Marketplace is now imperative!
An absolutely essential part of the process of setting up an effective blog is to develop exactly how it will appear to the mobile viewer. If you are not building your blog to suit the mobile viewer you have already lost the battle because according to the search engines, you will disappear from search altogether!
Recapping this article, there are two main take away keys that cannot be neglected.
- Blogs are made for content, and the search engines love fresh, new, and optimized content!
- Blogs and websites built for the mobile user will dominate over those that are not, no matter how pretty!
Read more on Blogs and Websites